DIY Batman vs. Superman Checkers Set
If the weather has the kids stuck indoors, set them to work on this DIY Batman vs. Superman Checkers Set to keep them entertained. They can make the playing board, and then spend hours challenging each other to a superhero battle of the wits. This is one of the simplest DIY board games for kids to make. Boys will especially love this superhero craft idea, and will have so much fun making this easy indoor kids' game. Kids love checkers, and they are sure to love it even more if Batman and Superman are involved.
- 1 sheet each of black and white construction paper
- 14 large red buttons
- 14 large blue buttons
- Paper cutter
- Clear tape
- Cardboard Tube Batman
- Cardboard Tube Superman
- Cut each piece of paper to 9"x 9".
- Fold the white square in half. Starting at the folded side, cut slits one-inch apart reaching almost to the end of the paper. Do not cut through the end of the paper. Open the folded paper.
- Cut the black paper into one-inch wide strips. Note: there will be one extra you will not use.
- Weave the black strips into the white paper in an over/under pattern.
- After weaving in the seventh strip, carefully cut the slits of the white paper through the end to open them up. This will allow you to weave in your last black strip.
- Cover all the edges with clear tape.
- Use buttons for checkers (Red = Superman, Blue = Batman).
Read NextPrintable I Spy St Patrick’s Day