This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
Thing 1 And Thing 2 Papercraft Puppets
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
"Calling all Dr. Seuss fans! These papercraft puppets will banish your kids boredom! All that is needed is our template, some paper, scissors, and glue, and you will have the perfect playmates in no time! This is the perfect craft to do with your kids or to display in a classroom. Simply trace the body parts of things 1 and 2, cut them out, and glue them together. Then add the eyes, nose, and smile and you are ready to play! "
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Colored paper
- Craft glue
Take the colored paper and choose the white, blue, and red colored paper to make the craft puppets. Now, the first step is to trace the pattern on the colored paper. We can start with the hair pattern which should be traced on the blue-colored colored paper.
Then you need to trace the body pattern on the red color colored paper, and the remaining patterns which are head and round shape can be traced on the white color colored paper. Once you are done with the tracing part, then you can cut the traced pattern properly
The next step is to attach the particular patterns to the body pattern. We can start with the hair pattern that should be attached to the head. Then attach the leg patterns on the bottom side of the body pattern.
Now, you need to attach the hand patterns on both sides of the body pattern. Use a black sharpie if you want to write it down as “Thing 1” and “Thing 2” on the round-shaped paper.
You can write the “Thing 2” on a round-shaped paper that can be attached to the middle of the body.
Then attach the head pattern on the top side of the body pattern, and use a sharpie to draw the face of Thing 1 and Thing 2 on the papercraft puppet.
In the same way, you need to craft Thing 1 and remember to draw the face using a sharpie. The two puppets Thing 1 and Thing 2 should be similar.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers
Whether it's Mother's Day or the little ones just need a gift to give for their grandmother, coffee filter crafts offer the perfect… Continue reading: "Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers"
- 150+ Tween Crafts for Middle Schoolers
- Trying to find fun craft ideas for kids? With this collection of easy kids crafts, you'll be able to provide kids with hours of fun.
- 44 Best 4-H Project Ideas Ever
- 100+ Free Printable Crafts for Kids
- Rainbow Loom Patterns
- What to Make with Popsicle Sticks: 50+ Fun Crafts for Kids
- Crafting With Buttons: 35+ Button Crafts for Kids
- Fun Emoji Perler Bead Patterns
- 22+ Fun and Easy Crafts for Kids
- 90 Easy Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Beach Coloring Page
- Free Printable Pig Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Octopus Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- Printable Amusement Park Checklist
- Shark Worksheets
- Jellyfish Cutting Activity Pages
- Handprint Jellyfish
- Monkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More