We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Watch something ordinary like toilet paper rolls turn into a bunch of adorable little Minions. Cardboard Tube Minion Crafts transform toilet tubes into the cutest toilet paper roll crafts ever witnessed. Despicable Me Minions are kid favorites, so make your dreams come true by bringing the little guys into your house. Recycled craft ideas help you save money and the environment, and this one will even help save that smile on your face. As long as these Minions are around, you'll be full of glee. The best part about this brilliant little kids' craft is that a free printable pattern is provided, so even the littlest Minion fans can join in the fun. Practice your tracing and cutting to bring the Minions to life. Your kids can whip up these cheap and easy crafts in no time! Minions have stolen everyone's hearts, so spread the love with these Minion craft ideas.
Find more awesome Minion crafts in our collection: 13 Minion Craft Ideas for Kids
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Age GroupPreschool & Kindergarten, Elementary School, Pre-Teens
- 3 cardboard tubes
- Glue Stick
- Black, gray brown and yellow markers
- Construction paper: blue, yellow, white, black
- Minion coveralls and goggles pattern
Cardboard Tube Minion Crafts
Cut a sheet of yellow construction paper in half lengthwise. You can get two minions from each half. Apply glue stick to the yellow paper and wrap it around the cardboard tube. Trim the excess (about half the sheet) and repeat this process for the next two minions.
Cut a sheet of blue construction paper in half lengthwise. Take one of the halves and cut it in half in the opposite direction. Now, from one of those halves, cut in half again, lengthwise. The strips you need measure 2" x 6".
Use the pattern to cut the coveralls out of your blue strip.
Glue the coveralls to the yellow tube, lining it up along the bottom of the tube.
If you like, you can add the details such as the buttons on the coveralls using a black marker, and the front pocket with the letter "G" onto the front. For smaller kids, you may want to skip this part.
Cut a thin strip of black paper, about 1/4" wide for the goggles. Glue the strip around the head area of the tube, about 3/4" from the top of the tube.
Cut the goggle pieces from the black and white paper.
* for a minion with one eye, use the larger circles, for two eyes use the smaller set of circles.
Glue the white circle to the black circle and draw a pupil in the eye using a brown marker. You can add a dot of black to the brown. Glue the eye to the head of the minion overlapping the goggle strap. If you like, you can make the eyes appear to be squinting by adding yellow marker to the white as shown by the minion on the left.
Use gray or brown markers to add mouths.
If you would like to add hair, cut from black paper and glue to the inside of the tube at the front.
More Minion Crafts
Learn how to speak like a Minion!
While you're making this Minion craft, you can speak in their native language! Minions have completely stolen the hearts of the world with their adorable look and their even more adorable language. Their language might sound like mostly gibberish and yet unbelievably real. That's because the Minion language is a variety of words taken from other languages and some onomatopoeia (words that sound like they mean, like "bang!").
Minions are able to work for villains all over the world, so it makes sense that they can commuicate with all of them. Infusing foreign words with gibberish made the language hilarious and also sound authentic.
Let's learn how to talk like Minions with this mini Minion language dictionary. Soon you will be able to use your Minionese and have entire conversations about bananas.
Hello - Bello
Goodbye - Poopaye
I'm sorry - Bi-do
Thank you - Tank yu
For you - Para tu
I'm hungry - Me want banana
We love you - Tulaliloo ti amo
Apples - Papples
Ice cream - Gelato
Fire - BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO
What - Po ka
Butt - Butt
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Toilet Paper Tube Butterflies
Pokey CD Snail
DIY Toy Car Bridge and Tunnel
Glowing Mason Jars
Easy Superhero Cape Project
Cardboard Tube Minion Crafts
Toilet Paper Roll DIY Canvas Art
Green Crafts: 60+ Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
Easy Ice Cream Stick Craft Sculpture
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Valentine Treat Bag and Cookie Box
- Valentine's Day Printable
- DIY Snowflake
- Pink Flamingo Valentine
- Glow in the Dark Crunchy Slime
- DIY Fabric Flower Hair Ties
- Mixing Paint Colors Preschool Art and Science
- Valentine’s Day Word Search Printable Worksheet
- Love Bug Valentine Fruit Cups
- Cupid’s Arrows
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More