This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
"Splash into fun with this adorable and easy Hippopotamus Papercraft! With just a few simple supplies and these easy-to-follow instructions, your kids will be creating and playing in no time. There are so many fun ways to enjoy your hippopotamus papercraft! Add it to a larger piece of paper and create a background scene, or add a craft popsicle stick to the back and use it as a puppet! The possibilities are endless with your favorite hippo papercraft! "
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Craft paper
- Craft glue
Select 2 or 3 different shades of the same colored paper for the paper hippopotamus craft. We’re using 3 different shades of blue colored paper. Trace the head and body patterns on the medium shade, the arms (upper legs of the craft) and the bottom part of the face patterns on the dark shade, and lastly, the belly pattern on the lighter shade of the selected papers. Trace the toe patterns on white paper and the inner ear patterns on pink paper. Cut them out nicely.
Stick the inner ear patterns in the middle of the ear parts joined to the head cutout.
Stick the 2 separate leg cutouts on both sides of the body base cutout. Stick the half-circular cutout on the bottom side of the head cutout. Also, stick the eye cutouts near the top part of the head cutout.
Stick the head pattern on the top side of the body pattern. Use a sharpie to draw the nose, mouth, and eye outlines
Stick the toe cutouts along the bottom sides of the leg parts joined to the body base cutout.
Stick the 2 other toe cutouts on the open ends of the upper leg patterns to complete the craft.
Read NextFaux Stained-Glass Butterflies
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Printable 3-D T. Rex
Rawr! This Printable 3-D T. Rex is hungry and he's coming for you! Just kidding, printable paper models don't bite. These fun paper… Continue reading: "Printable 3-D T. Rex"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hot Air Balloon Craft Ideas For Kids: 3 Super Cute & Simple Activities
- How To Draw A Pig
- Printable Hello Spring Coloring Page
- Egg-scellent Easter Egg Coloring Pages
- Fun Bee Coloring Pages
- Fun Easter Coloring Pages
- Clay Pot Ladybug
- A Is For Alligator Alphabet Craft
- Printable Basketball Maze
- Paper Easter Basket Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More