Kitchen Science Lab for Kids
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
School budgets and time constraints can make it difficult for children to fully appreciate scientific discovery. Enhance your child's understanding of basic scientific concepts by conducting experiments in your own home.
Kitchen Science Lab for Kids features 52 science activities that the whole family can enjoy. Using ingredients that are commonly found at home, this book introduces children to physics, chemistry, biology, and other subjects that they see at work in their daily lives.
After transitioning out of the field of molecular biology to become a stay-at-home mom, author Liz Heinecke wanted to pass along her love of science to her three children. She set up simple experiments for them to conduct at home and chronicled their adventures on her blog KitchenPantryScientist. Seeing how much joy scientific discovery had brought her own children, Liz was inspired to compile projects for Kitchen Science Lab for Kids.
With the help of this book, parents can master a hands-on approach to science that will make their children excited to learn about the world around them. Each experiment is designed to keep children of all ages engaged and entertained. Safe for toddlers, yet interesting enough for teens, the activities in Kitchen Science Lab for Kids are divided into twelve units:
- Carbonated Chemical Reactions
- Crystal Creations
- Physics in Motion
- Life Science
- Astonishing Liquids
- Polymers, Colloids & Misbehaving Materials
- Acids & Basis
- Marvelous Microbiology
- Shocking Science
- Bodacious Botany
- Sunny Science
- Rocket Science
Kitchen Science Lab for Kids is a great resource for parents and teachers, providing accessible and affordable activities that will teach children the power of science. Every project is accompanied by a list of protocols (safety tips), the science behind the experiment, and step-by-step instructions. Plus, each section is color-coded to make locating the perfect experiment easy. Encourage your child's love of learning with this wonderful collection.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids Review
Rubber Band Loom Crafts Review
Craft It Up: Christmas Around the World Review
Enter to win a copy of 51 things to make with Egg Cartons!
Chance to win a copy of Friendship Bracelets Beyond the Basics!
Hand in Hand: Crafting With Kids Review
Candy Aisle Crafts Review
Kitchen Science Lab for Kids
Enter to win a copy of Loopy Loom Rubber Band Animals!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fun Foam Frog Flower Pot Sitter
- Feather Wall Decor
- Spring I Spy Printable
- Word Search - Wool Animals & Breeds
- Kid Made Modern
- U Make It Character Creator
- Spring Craft Sticks Wreath
- Arts & Crafts Supply Library Kit
- Mystery Metallic Gel Crayons
- Easter Crafts - Air Dry Clay Eggs
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More