- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
Slimed DIY Book
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
Slimed DIY Book
Reviewed by zzz Christine zzz Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
The kids are home for the summer and the latest craze is slime, I'm talking DIY slime. We know this sticky, messy stuff has been around for quite some time, but now we can make our own with our favorite colors and designs. Leisure Arts has put out a book called Slimed DIY and it is the greatest guide to making your own slime at home.
Providing hours and hours of entertainment, the kids are going to love playing with their silky, sticky slime. A simple recipe in the book calls for glue, water, liquid starch and food coloring. Ingredients as simple as these can easily make a slime you can't refuse to play with. There are 9 variations throughout the book that allow you to try out different types of slimes - clear, temperature sensitive color changing, fluffy, glitter glue, gold, magnetic, glitter, starry night which is black with glitter and star sequins and winter which is an icy blue with snowy mini beads. Having fun variations like this truly will provide hours of fun.
Coloring agents like food coloring or acrylic paint give even more options to endless amounts of slime. As you turn the pages you won't be able to wait to make your slime! Using add-ins like glitter, beads, buttons, gemstones and other items you can make a unique slime for all of your friends. Of course with all these additional supplies, young children should always be supervised when playing with it.
When you're done with the slime and ready to rid yourself of it, store it in a covered, air tight container for about a week, put it in a resealable bag and throw it away. Don't pour it down the drain or flush it down the toilet or you might be spending a lot of money on fixing things. Having slime around the house will be a life-saver on those rainy summer days or cold winter nights.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers
Whether it's Mother's Day or the little ones just need a gift to give for their grandmother, coffee filter crafts offer the perfect… Continue reading: "Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers"
- MADE BY DAD: 67 Blueprints for Making Cool Stuff Review
- Rubber Band Loom Crafts Review
- Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids Review
- Enter to win a copy of 51 Things to Make with Cardboard Tubes!
- The Paper Hat Book
- Big Blast of Kid Crafts: Fun in the Sun Review
- Enter to win a copy of More Boredom Busters!
- Enter for a chance to win Friendship Bracelets Reborn!
- Gardening Lab for Kids Review
- Duct Tape Your Heart Out! Review
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Beach Coloring Page
- Free Printable Pig Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Octopus Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- Printable Amusement Park Checklist
- Shark Worksheets
- Jellyfish Cutting Activity Pages
- Handprint Jellyfish
- Monkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More