Slimed DIY Book
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Slimed DIY Book
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
The kids are home for the summer and the latest craze is slime, I'm talking DIY slime. We know this sticky, messy stuff has been around for quite some time, but now we can make our own with our favorite colors and designs. Leisure Arts has put out a book called Slimed DIY and it is the greatest guide to making your own slime at home.
Providing hours and hours of entertainment, the kids are going to love playing with their silky, sticky slime. A simple recipe in the book calls for glue, water, liquid starch and food coloring. Ingredients as simple as these can easily make a slime you can't refuse to play with. There are 9 variations throughout the book that allow you to try out different types of slimes - clear, temperature sensitive color changing, fluffy, glitter glue, gold, magnetic, glitter, starry night which is black with glitter and star sequins and winter which is an icy blue with snowy mini beads. Having fun variations like this truly will provide hours of fun.
Coloring agents like food coloring or acrylic paint give even more options to endless amounts of slime. As you turn the pages you won't be able to wait to make your slime! Using add-ins like glitter, beads, buttons, gemstones and other items you can make a unique slime for all of your friends. Of course with all these additional supplies, young children should always be supervised when playing with it.
When you're done with the slime and ready to rid yourself of it, store it in a covered, air tight container for about a week, put it in a resealable bag and throw it away. Don't pour it down the drain or flush it down the toilet or you might be spending a lot of money on fixing things. Having slime around the house will be a life-saver on those rainy summer days or cold winter nights.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Blast off into an afternoon of imagination and fun when you make this Cardboard Roll Rocket and Shuttle! This quick and easy homemade… Continue reading: "Cardboard Roll Rocket and Shuttle"
- Enter to win a copy of 51 Things to Make with Cardboard Tubes!
- Enter to win a copy of 51 things to make with Egg Cartons!
- Easy Foam Crafts
- Enter to win a copy of Just Add Color Arboretum Book!
- Martha Stewart's Favorite Crafts for Kids Review
- The Paper Hat Book
- A Fun Way to Learn to Crochet for Kids
- Boycraft Review
- Find It, Make It Review
- Art Lab for Little Kids Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Easter Word Scramble
- Easter Bingo Game Printable
- Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Rocket Craft
- Creative Paper Crafts For Kids
- Fun Kids Art Ideas With Popsicle Craft Sticks
- Easter Egg Wreath
- Avengers Crafts For Kids
- Diy Personalized Gift For Mother's Day
- Free Printable Easter Word Search
- Diy Teacher Appreciation Gifts
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More