- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
ScrapKins Build-It Book Review
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
ScrapKins Build-It Book
Provided by ScrapKins
Reviewed by Jaclyn Holtzman
Brian Yanish, the author of Build-It Book and the creative director and founder of Scrap Kins, has taken kids' crafts to a whole new level of awesome. Not only is his book filled with 12 amazingly clever recycled crafts, but it also is fun for kids to read, featuring comics, word searches, and more engaging activities. This book is so much more than a list of craft tutorials; it's an interactive, educational, fun guide for kids of all ages. Additionally, Yanish's cast of doodled characters lead you from page to page with fun personalities and good tips. As the kids get to know the characters and craft from recycled goods, they'll find themselves thrilled to turn from one craft to the next. It might even be hard to pull your kiddo away from this extremely entertaining guide to fun.
The opportunity to really personalize this book is a huge draw for kids. This is a book that wants to get taken everywhere, never leaving its owner's side. It doesn't need to sit on a high shelf to stay nice. Rather, every page calls for some sort of interaction to make this collection of activities your own.
With the help of Wrecks, Swooper, Itcher, Chomper, Digger, and Stacker, learn how to make a floatable pirate ship, a rolling robot, a foam glider, and more from items you have lying around the house. That's the best part of this book; all of the crafts housed between its vibrant covers are free! What can beat that?
Go on an adventure with the ScrapKins, and take it from me, you won't be sorry.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Instead of waiting weeks for flowers to bloom, make your own pre-bloomed flowers. It's not as hard as it sounds with the convenient… Continue reading: "Printable Tulips"
- MADE BY DAD: 67 Blueprints for Making Cool Stuff Review
- Enter to win a copy of Loopy Loom Rubber Band Animals!
- Chance to win Leisure Arts Adult Coloring Books!
- 150+ Screen-Free Activities for Kids Review
- Big Blast of Kid Crafts: Fun in the Sun Review
- Craft-a-Day: 365 Simple Handmade Projects Review
- Enter to win a copy of Just Add Color Arboretum Book!
- Totally Awesome Rubber Band Jewelry Review
- Rubber Band Loom Crafts Review
- Boycraft Review
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- Printable Amusement Park Checklist
- Shark Worksheets
- Jellyfish Cutting Activity Pages
- Handprint Jellyfish
- Monkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Ladybug Worksheets
- Butterfly Worksheets
- Shark Tissue Paper Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More