Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
56 Yarn Crafts for Kids
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
Yarn it! You’re hooked, but sew out of the knit-est ideas. That’s exactly where AllFreeKidsCrafts comes in. 56 Yarn Crafts for Kids has got you covered from beginner knitting, sewing, and crocheting projects to the coolest, most innovative ways to use your yarn scraps. So, it’s okay that you’re hooked, because we’ve got plenty of yarn crafts for kids for you to explore.
If you're not yet hooked, you will be and should be. Don’t wait until you’re older to learn how to sew woolly mittens, make a comfy elephant toy, or crochet an iPhone cover. Those are yarn crafts you want now! The easiest way to get them is to make them yourself. Your friends will be so impressed when you show up at school wearing a colorful knitted scarf that you made or when you throw them the football that you stitched together. You’ll be the coolest, craftiest kid in school!
Yarn is so cuddly cozy that you should use it whenever you can. Since you’re a kid, you get to use yarn in any way you want: any day, any time, any craft. Parents like to stick to the rules, but the little ones get creative with yarn crafts. You can make colorful napkin rings for your birthday party, pom poms to brighten your day, finger puppets to play with, fancy decorative wreaths and more. The list of awesome crafts you can make with yarn scraps is never-ending.
Table of Contents
Crochet Patterns for Kids
You have 7 versions of the exact same sweater in different colors, and your siblings have the same. You’ve been begging Mom not to make any more, but she always counters with, “Then what do I do with all of this leftover yarn?” Now, you have the perfect answer. You want to learn how to use it. You’re going to make wonderful crafts that she would never have even thought of. Crochet these fun projects for a challenge!
You can't go wrong with inexpensive crafts for kids! Find even more affordable kids' craft ideas in our collection: Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
Beginning Sewing Projects
Sewing doesn't always use yarn, but when it does, it's really cool-looking. You can see every stitch that you made, so pick some awesome yarn colors. There are some wonderful activities that help you learn how to sew as a great start to working with yarn. Once you've mastered that, move on to mittens or embroidery!
Once you see these projects, you'll wish you had found this collection sooner! In this free eBook, you’ll find some quirky crafts made from yarn that you and the kids can make together or with friends and siblings: 10 Simple Yarn Crafts for Kids
Finger Knitting and Knitting Patterns for Beginners
It’s pretty crazy how quickly Grandma’s fingers move when she’s knitting and how fast Grandpa can whip up a golf club cover. Be just like them with the speediest way to use yarn, finger knitting. Once you get the hang of finger knitting, you'll be a nimble knitter and you can make big projects or move onto knitting with needles!
Kids' Crafts to Use Your Scrap Yarn
Go from rags to riches by using yarn scraps in the most interesting ways. Don't waste yarn just because it's too short to knit a sweater. It will make the most beautiful napkin rings, the most fun Easter decorations, and the coolest animal sculptures. Get scraping!
Looking for more great crafts for teens and tweens? Then check out our enormous collection that we know your kids will love: Cool Crafts for Tweens: 150+ Tween Crafts for Middle School Kids
What do you love to make with yarn? Let us know below in the comments!
Read NextFlower Garden Alphabet Activities
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Toilet Paper Roll Red Fox
This Toilet Paper Roll Red Fox is a crowd pleaser for all animal lovers - that is to be sure! What makes it even better is you can… Continue reading: "Toilet Paper Roll Red Fox"
- Flower Garden Alphabet Activities
- Popsicle Stick Alphabet Game
- Ocean Themed I Spy Bottle
- 45+ Crafts for Kids with Special Needs
- 40+ Science Crafts and Space Crafts for Kids
- Soap Clouds
- Adam and Eve Preschool Activity Pack
- How to Draw a Rose
- Word Search - Wool Animals & Breeds
- Printable Secret Decoder Wheel
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Camping Coloring Page
- Free Printable Beach Coloring Page
- Free Printable Pig Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Octopus Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- Printable Amusement Park Checklist
- Shark Worksheets
- Jellyfish Cutting Activity Pages
- Handprint Jellyfish
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More