This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- see all comments
"or you could use lace or fabric scraps and starch them after you stitch down the middle, pull, and insert them into the doll clothespin."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET. SHEESH GIVE A GUY A CHANCE AFTER CLICKING ON IT TO RATE AND COMMENT!"
Astronaut Papercraft Puppet
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
"This fun astronaut paper puppet is perfect for any child who loves to look at the stars. Your child will love putting together their astronaut. With the ability to customize the colors used for their astronaut, your kids will have lots of fun as they practice their tracing and cutting skills. You also have the opportunity to talk about space as you craft. After they are done putting their puppet together, they can use their imagination to play with their puppet and explore space."
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Construction papers
- Popsicle sticks
- Craft glue
Start by choosing colored papers for the papercraft astronaut. You will need four colors; a light color for the suit, a dark color for the suit, a color for the hair, and a color for the skin. Trace the patterns on the selected colored papers and cut them out.
Grab your glue and start assembling the pieces together. Attach the glove cutouts to the arm cutouts. Glue the ear-plug cutouts on both sides of the helmet cutout. Next, attach the hair cutout on the top side of the head piece. Then glue the boot cutouts on top of the boot section of the astronaut suit cutout.
Glue the headpiece in the middle of the helmet cutout. Attach your cutout strips along the mid part of the astronaut suit (around the neck and waist areas), horizontally.
Next, attach the helmet to the top side of the suit pattern. Then glue the arms on both sides of the suit.
Now use the glue to attach the smaller strips along the top straight ends of the boots and the gloves (to cover the ankles and wrists).
Grab your sharpie and draw the eyes, nose, and mouth of the papercraft astronaut. Finally, glue the completed astronaut to a popsicle stick, and enjoy your completed puppet!
Tip 1: Allow your kids to choose the colored papers to create a customized astronaut that is uniquely theirs.
Tip 2: Pull out crayons or markers and encourage your kids to get creative with decorating their puppets.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers
Whether it's Mother's Day or the little ones just need a gift to give for their grandmother, coffee filter crafts offer the perfect… Continue reading: "Grandma's Favorite Colored Coffee Filter Flowers"
- 150+ Tween Crafts for Middle Schoolers
- Trying to find fun craft ideas for kids? With this collection of easy kids crafts, you'll be able to provide kids with hours of fun.
- 44 Best 4-H Project Ideas Ever
- 100+ Free Printable Crafts for Kids
- Rainbow Loom Patterns
- What to Make with Popsicle Sticks: 50+ Fun Crafts for Kids
- Crafting With Buttons: 35+ Button Crafts for Kids
- Fun Emoji Perler Bead Patterns
- 22+ Fun and Easy Crafts for Kids
- 90 Easy Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Beach Coloring Page
- Free Printable Pig Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Octopus Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- Printable Amusement Park Checklist
- Shark Worksheets
- Jellyfish Cutting Activity Pages
- Handprint Jellyfish
- Monkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More