A Fun Way to Learn to Crochet for Kids
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Convincing a child to sit still long enough to teach her how to crochet may seem like an impossible task. Parents who would like their kids to develop hobbies that don't require battery chargers or Wi-Fi will love A Fun Way to Learn to Crochet for Kids. Co-authored by two professionals, this guide breaks down the basics of crochet in a way that teens and tweens can understand.
Fiber arts legends Rita Weiss and Jean Leinhauser teamed up to make crochet accessible to children. Weiss has taught knitting, quilting, and cross stitch techniques to crafters of all ages. Leinhauser was a prolific designer in the yarn industry for decades. With the help of these two masters, kids will work up projects that they can use in their daily lives.
Getting the hang of basic crochet techniques becomes much easier when illustrations are printed to scale. The large illustrations in A Fun Way to Learn to Crochet for Kids make it possible for junior crocheters to compare projects in progress with the image. Geared for young readers, the instructions using simple language. By the time kids crochet through this book, they will have learned how to make the following five projects:
- In a Hurry Headband keeps bangs at bay.
- Sacks for Your Stuff helps kids get organized.
- Tablet/E-Reader Sack is for the reader on the go.
- All Stripes Scarf makes little ones feel warm and cozy.
- Roll-Up Holder for Hooks is also great for pencils.
These patterns are straightforward, fun, and functional. Kids will be proud that they learned a new skill, and they don't have to wait weeks to see the rewards of their hard work. Besides, there's no greater feeling than having someone ask where she can get her hands on that headband and responding, "Nowhere! I made it!"
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Friendship Bracelets Beyond the Basics
- 51 Things to Make with Cardboard Tubes Book Review
- ScrapKins Build-It Book Review
- Boycraft Review
- Ultimate Paper Airplanes For Kids
- MADE BY DAD: 67 Blueprints for Making Cool Stuff Review
- Duct Tape Mania Review
- Pom-Poms! 25 Awesomely Fluffy Projects Review
- Rubber Band Mania Review
- The Paper Playhouse Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Christmas Village
- Turkey Pie Poppers
- Easy Painted Cardboard Turkey Craft
- Colorful Turkey Paper Plate Craft
- Silver Fall Leaf Art
- Corn Husk Flower Painting
- Watercolor Rainbow Salt Dough Leaves
- Sponge Painted Ghosts Kids Activity
- Pumpkin Carving Stencils
- Football Rice Krispie Treats
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More