Sew Kawaii! Review
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Sew Kawaii! Review
Provided by Fox Chapel Publishing
Reviewed by Lindsey Rolf
If you love all things adorable, then this crafty book by Choly Knight will capture your attention with just one look. It's filled to the brim with kawaii crafts, which is Japanese for cute and lovable, like Hello Kitty. This crafting fad is popular but you might not have known that it has a name. Learn all about kawaii and it's origins by reading Sew Kawaii! From jellyfish purses to animal pillows, you can make crafts to wear or ones to decorate your home.
This book is great for beginning sewists who don't yet know their way around a needle and thread. Easy-to-read patterns are featured in the back of the book as a reference. On page 9, there is a detailed breakdown of the rating system. Each product is rated from very easy to intermediate, so you know what you are getting into before you start. This helpful chart will make sure that you don't get over your head with a difficult project. Even if you've never picked up a needle and thread before in your life, you will find crafts that suit your sewing ability.
These 22 simple sewing crafts for kids are great for those who want to get started with kawaii crafts. No matter your age, kawaii crafts are perfect fo you. There are so many to choose from, but you're sure to find one that you love.
Each tutorial comes with pictures and step-by-step instructions so you don't get lost. There are over 20 crafts for you to choose from, and each one has a different feel. If you love small and adorable crafts then you can make dumpling plush toy to accessorize your room. If you are more into practical yet cute crafts then you can make an owl purse to carry your wallet and cell phone. With such a wide variety of adorable crafts, you are sure to find something that you like.
Knight makes each project, from a kitty cat hat to an adorable strawberry keychain, easy to make with clear instructions. Soon you'll find that you can't put down this book because you're hooked on kawaii crafting.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter to win a copy of More Boredom Busters!
- Rubber Band Loom Crafts Review
- 150+ Screen-Free Activities for Kids Review
- Enter for a chance to win Friendship Bracelets Reborn!
- Chance to win Origami Finger Puppets!
- Chance to win a copy of Slimed DIY!
- Chance to win a copy of Clay Creations for All!
- Chance to win a copy of Paracord Crafts!
- Chance to win a copy of Friendship Bracelets Beyond the Basics!
- Chance to win a copy of 51 Things to Make with Paper Plates!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bubble Valentine (free Printable)
- Printable Valentine’s Day Word Search
- I Spy Printable – Valentine’s
- Diy Wheelchair Horse Costume
- Jelly Slime Recipe
- Easy Galaxy Slime
- Circus Slime Recipe
- Fluffy Unicorn Slime Recipe
- Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Mardi Gras Slime Recipe
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More