Rainbow Loom LoomiLoom
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Rainbow Loom LoomiLoom
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
We all know how popular the Rainbow Loom was, but now there's a new product out called the LoomiLoom and boy is it intriguing. This little set allows you to create your own little figure using a small hook and rubber bands. For kids who love the Rainbow Loom, but might also be interested in learning to crochet, this is the perfect product.
I compare this product to crocheting because they both use a hook and you have to create stitches with the rubber bands, much like in crochet. To start making a figure, you have to start with a magic ring on the loom; there is a video on the site that teaches you how to do this if you need additional help. I personally am a visual learner, so I found that watching the video helped me understand more on how to get started. These figures compare to amigurumi in the crochet world and are just too cute.
Within the set you'll get 1 double-sided hook, 2 grips or sleeves, 3 Loomilooms and in instruction book. The two-sided hook with the sleeve is actually pretty neat. One of the sleeves has a little dip in the middle to help roll the hook easily and both sleeves can slide one way or the other to adjust the length of the hook depending on what you need the hook for. The sleeves are great for gripping the hook and maintaining comfort while making your creature. However, you can easily slide off the sleeve if you choose not to use it.
The Loomiloom, just like the Rainbow Loom is intended for the older child range only because of the potential choking hazard that rubber bands have. This product is fun and unique and will teach you two skills at once.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Clear up some clutter and turn it into fun by Making a Castle Made of Cardboard! This is a great way to transform something you'd… Continue reading: "Making a Castle Made of Cardboard"
- Win a Rainbow Loom Rubber Band Crafting Kit
- Chance to win the On-the-Go Stationary Kit!
- Chance to win Mini Felt Succulent Kits!
- S.E.I Tumble Dye Tie-Dye Kit Review
- Happy Doodles Review
- Learn to Crochet Online Class Review
- Sock Friends Puppets Review
- My Lanyard Maker Review
- DohVinci Anywhere Art Studio Review
- Red Heart Boutique Fleecy Yarn
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Summer Mandala Coloring Page
- Printable Lunch Notes For Kids
- Avengers Bookmarks Craft For Kids
- Easy School Bus Craft
- Free You’ve Been Booed Printable For Halloween
- Homemade Playdough Recipe
- Halloween Yarn Mummy Craft
- Printable Lunch Notes: Cute Critters
- This What To Pack For Lunch Printable Helps Kids Be Independent
- Halloween Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More