OOLY Stitch and Sketch Sketchpad
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
OOLY Stitch and Sketch Sketchpad
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
Sketchpads are a perfect way for kids to get their ideas out there, or to simply jot down their thoughts or journal for the day. Kids are creative and artistic and the OOLY Stitch and Sketch Sketchpad is the greatest product for them to test out.
The Stitch and Sketch Sketchpad has 42 acid-free pages available for kids to sketch, draw or write whatever their little heart’s desire. Sometimes kids have a tough time talking about what's going on in their daily lives, so this could be a great way to help with that communication barrier. What I absolutely love about this sketchpad is the cover. The cover is lined with holes that allow them to create their very own design with the 9 yards of thread that's provided with it. The plastic threading needle fits nicely through the pre-punched stitching holes so they can make creative artwork on the sketchboook. There are 4 colors of thread to choose from and multiple designs they can stitch.
Within each sketchbook they'll receive instructions on how to create the cover from measuring the thread to starting the stitch to finishing the stitch. They can stitch designs like the ABC's, a heart, a peace sign, a butterfly, a unicorn or they can come up with something completely unique. This sketchbook is for 6 year olds and up, but my 5 year old had a blast stitching through the holes.
Once the cover is designed and finished, use the pages for creative drawings and writing notes. There's an elastic holding band to keep the pages safe and secure and to keep everything in the book private until they’re ready to share it. If your little one is really artistic then have him use multiple colors of thread for a fantastic cover.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to win a Boye Round Loom Set!
- Enter to win the Animal Print Perler Bead Kit!
- Chance to win the Rainbow Loom LoomiLoom!
- Chance to win OOLY Bright Writers!
- Enter to win Tulip Fabric Markers!
- Chance to win Zoku Dino Pop Molds!
- Chance to win the On-the-Go Stationary Kit!
- Chance to win Mini Felt Succulent Kits!
- Chance to Win a Freestyle Die Cutting Machine!
- AppCertain Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Valentine’s Day Printable Coloring Pages
- Easy Tissue Paper Flowers
- Why You Should Submit Your Projects to AllFreeKidsCrafts
- Paper Product Polar Bear
- The Penguin Family (made From An Old Glove)
- Bubble Valentine (free Printable)
- Printable Valentine’s Day Word Search
- I Spy Printable – Valentine’s
- Diy Wheelchair Horse Costume
- Jelly Slime Recipe
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More