We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Gifted by: Thomas Public Relations, Inc
Reviewed by Emily Timmons, Editor of AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
Artistic expression is a huge factor in a child's development, but stocking art supplies for budding artists isn't always easy on your wallet. Computer art programs have always been an easy solution to this issue, but there's a new computer painting program that far outstrips the applications of the past. ArtRage is the latest and greatest in digital drawing, and it's the perfect program for any parent looking for a no-mess option to entertain their artistic kids.
From the moment ArtRage opens, it's easy to see why it was awarded the 2014 Parents' Choice Gold Award for being the most realistic painting software. Users have their choice of several artistic tools, from an ink pen, pencil, airbrushing tool, pastels, paintbrushes, and more. Each tool in ArtRage is digitally reimagined to work exactly like the real life tool, down to the very last detail. For example, when using the paint brush, users will notice realistic brush strokes, and will watch the paint fade from the brush just as it would on a real canvas. You can customize each tool in ArtRage to behave in a certain way, such as selecting a "dry brush" tool or changing the amount of "water" your tool will use. You can even watch colors mix, blend, and smear together as you work, just like you would experience with actual paint on an actual canvas.
Despite the advanced nature of the ArtRage program, it is actually very kid-friendly. ArtRage includes stickers that kids can add to their digital doodles, from gemstones to flowers to so much more. Users can also upload images for kids to trace, or children can simply let their creativity loose as they experiment with the different tools in the program. While younger children may need some adult guidance as they interact with ArtRage, most children can enjoy the program largely on their own.
ArtRage for iPad and iPhone is a wonderfully inexpensive way to expose kids to this creative software. A desktop version is also available. No matter how your kids like to create, they can recreate that experience with ArtRage.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter to win Duck Brand Duck Tape!
- Chance to win Sakura Gellyroll Pens!
- Kwik Stix
- Chance to win the Stick Together Paint by Stickers Kit!
- Chance to Win a Hemptique String Art Kit!
- Chance to Win a Riley Blake Gnomes and Gardens Fabric Stacker!
- High-Performance Paper Airplanes Review
- USA Map Chalkboard Wall Decals Review
- Win Wikki Stix!
- Win Bernat Zapp Yarn!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Small Gift Ideas For Any Occasion
- Tie-dye Pillow
- Cereal Box Leprechaun Trap
- Free Mother's Day Printable Coupon Cards
- St. Patrick's Day Bingo
- Craft Stick Leprechaun Hat
- Diy Mini Winter Hats Yarn Craft
- Adorable Disney-inspired Valentines [printable]
- St. Patrick's Day Slime
- Kool Aid Dyed Yarn Plant Pot
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More