We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Gifted by: The Pencil Grip
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts
Messes: every parent dreads them. Kids spill food, knock over vases, and crafting is a complete nightmare. Imagine chalk all over clothes, marker all over skin, and paint in the carpet. Kids need a creative outlet, but no parent wants to deal with creative messes! Luckily, there is a remedy.
The Pencil Grip has found an innovative solution to the problem of messy crafting with their latest product, Kwik Stix! Kwik Stix are solid tempera paint sticks that dry in sixty seconds. No water necessary! Gone are worries about spilled paint and knocked-over water cups. No need to wash paintbrushes or paint cups or paint trays or any other assortment of supplies. No cleanup necessary at all other than putting away the Kwik Stix!
The sticks resemble glue sticks in size and shape, enabling small hands to grip them easily. Coloring with Kwik Stix is like coloring with soft crayons or even oil pastels. The feel is very similar, but the key difference is that Kwik Stix dry! Rubbing your fingers against oil pastels will smear the color, but that won't happen once the paint dries from the Kwik Stix. No-mess painting is the next big thing in kids crafting!
This craft supply is perfect for a variety of settings. The Kwik Stix come in packages of 6, 12, and a whopping 96-count. The 6 pack includes your basic primary colors, the 12 pack (shown) includes rainbow hues, and the 96 count includes multiples of each color, perfect for sharing with large groups of children. Before long, the "classpack" will be a staple in any grade school classroom!
Kwik Stix can be used to paint on paper, posters, cardboard, wood, canvas, and more. They're an excellent option for class projects and kids art. Before you panic about letting your children paint, consider going for the Kwik Stix instead!
The Pencil Grip also has a mess-free creativity set that contains 24 colors of solid tempera paints; there are 12 classic colors, 6 neons and 6 metalix. The Thin Stix have a smaller tip for better control and can dry in only 90 seconds. The best part is that you can uncap, twist and paint! Your typical painting usually includes pouring paint onto a plate, finding where you last put the paint brushes and praying nothing gets flung on the floor or carpet.
Kwik Stix Basic and Metalix colors are available at Target Stores.
What's the worst painting disaster you've ever encounterd? Comment below and let us know!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you're looking for Christmas activities for kids that you can make rather quickly, then these cute little recycled reindeer are… Continue reading: "Adorable Recycled Egg Carton Reindeer"
- Chance to win Mirror Duck Tape!
- Chance to Win an OOLY Creatibles DIY Eraser Kit!
- Enter to win the Ultimate Wrap Bracelets Kit!
- Tulip Dimensional Fabric Paint
- Enter to Win TY Beanie Boos Stickers!
- Enter to win a Tulip Yarn Dye Kit!
- Chance to win Westcott Blunt Tip Kids' Scissors!
- Chance to win the Pretty Twisted Dancing Dragonfly String Art DIY Kit!
- Chance to win a Make-Your-Own-Art Kit!
- Chance to win a Rainbow Loom Monster Tail!
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More