Tulip Yarn Dye Kit Review
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Tulip Yarn Dye Kit Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
Don't you just wish there was one other yarn color out there? Just that perfect something that is calling your name? I'm sure many of you have had that hope, and now with the Tulip Yarn Dye Kit from I Love to Create, we can take the art of dyeing yarn into our own hands, and create that other color!
The Custom Color Lab Yarn Dye Kit comes in a variety of color options: Cool (this comes in fun spring colors like dark blue, teal, grass green and yellow), Modern (yellow, turquoise, teal and grey), Vintage (peach, teal, brown and black), and Playful (hot pink, yellow, red, dark blue). Inside each kit are four 4 fl. oz. bottles with dye powder, three pairs of gloves and an inspiration guide. All you have to do is add water and shake it up to mix; you'll get permanent results, consistent color, and there isn't a heat setting required, which gives you quick results. Dyes can be mixed and matched for any color you desire. Looking for a a tie dye yarn, a rainbow yarn, or even a mix of colors on one skein that doesn't originally exist? You're going to love this kit.
What's neat about this kit is that you can make it your own. If you're looking for a lighter shade of color, then pour some of the dye out and add more water until you get the desired shade. Do not add water to dye bottle until you are prepared to use it. You want to apply the dye within 24 hours after mixing it. You'll also want to make sure excess dye dust is removed from your work space; this is tricky because it is not visible until it reacts with water, and you don't want any surprises.
This kit works best with cotton yarn, and it can be chunky weight, worsted weight, or even lace weight. You'll want to dampen the yarn before you dye it for best results. Just like when tie dyeing a t-shirt, you'll want to wrap your dyed yarn in plastic wrap and let it sit until you're ready to rinse with water.
This can be such a fun process if you decide to use multiple colors as you won't know the exact look until it's ready. Make a new solid color or make a fun variegated yarn; the options are endless! This is great for just about any crochet pattern. Work up a beautiful mix of colorful crocheted flowers, fun winter hats, variegated crochet shawls and so much more!
What fun things do you like to use dye for?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
These simple popsicle stick crafts look incredibly intricate when they're completed but their actually a breeze to complete. Encourage… Continue reading: "Easy Ice Cream Stick Craft Sculpture"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Back To School Printable Activities Place Mat
- Artificial Flowers From Plastic Papers
- Paper Plate Aquarium
- Paper Plate Frisbees
- Magic Milk Experiment
- Fluffy Slime
- Free Printable Unicorn Bingo Game
- Kid-sewn Backpack Name Tag
- Tropical Paper Flowers
- Free Printable Birthday Word Search For Kids
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More