23 Halloween Crafts for Kids: Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas and Spooky Dcor
Happy Halloween: 36 Crafts from Household Items
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Boo! Halloween is one of the scariest nights of the year, but your little ones can also make it a fun one. Halloween doesn't have to be an expensive holiday if they make these 36 Crafts from Household Items. Instead of looking at the store, look around your kitchen, sift through your craft closet, and dive into the recycling bin to find the perfect supplies. Your kids will be amazed at what they find and even more amazed that there is a craft for everything. Halloween craft ideas that use materials from around the house are guaranteed to save you money and time. Your kids can spend more time with their family and friends making cool kids' Halloween crafts.
Your kids can dig into their craft bin instead of your wallet to find materials to use for these kids' Halloween crafts. On this night filled with goblins and ghouls, they don't want they house to be left out. They can make jack-o-lanterns, spooky spiders, and zany zombies to decorate your home with these great Halloween craft ideas.
Happy Halloween: 36 Crafts from Household Items
Table of Contents
Halloween Food Ideas for Kids
Halloween Painting Ideas
Recycled Crafts to Make for Halloween
Halloween Paper Crafts
Kids always love doing fun Halloween crafts to get them into the holiday spirit. Grab your free copy of 19 Halloween Crafts for Kids: Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas and Spooky Decor free eBook to introduce your kids to a spooky fun craft time.
Food is yummy to eat, but did your little ones know that they can also craft with it? All of these great Halloween Food Ideas for Kids take everyday food that you have around your house and turn it into an awesome kids' Halloween craft. Out of these crafts from household items, your kids can actually eat some of them, but others are just for show. Halloween craft ideas that are made from food will save you tons of money and time spent thinking about what your little ones can make on the scariest night of the year.
- Clementine Jack O Lanterns
- Apple Candy Monsters
- Macaroni Monster Mates
- Magic Potion Making
- Monster Snot
- Painted Autumn Marshmallows
- Batty Snack Cakes
- Beastly Bat Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Cauldron
Every kid, no matter their age, loves to turn a craft from drab to fab using paint. Halloween painting ideas are great because you probably have a million kinds of paints and colors at your house. From tempera to acrylic, your kids can use up all of the paint you've been saving to make a cool kid's Halloween craft. Halloween painting ideas are an easy way to keep your kids entertained while they're waiting to go trick-or-treating. Just make sure that they don't get any paint on their awesome costume. Halloween craft ideas are a great way to prepare for a spooky night, and the best part is that they can decorate your home with all of their creations.
- Handprint Black Cats
- Spooky Symmetry Ghosts
- Rumpled Halloween Wreath
- Three-Dimensional Monster Hands
- Wicked Witch Hats
- Popsicle Stick Monster Men
- Zany Clothespin Zombies
- Batty Halloween Treats Pot
- Boogeyman Bush Eyes
- Easy Breezy Trick-or-Treat Bags
Dig into a place everyone has in their house but you might not think to look: the recycling bin. Here your kids can find bottle caps that turn into creepy crawly spiders, and toilet paper tubes that turn into scary monsters. These recycled crafts to make for Halloween will turn a boring night into one full of fun. Your kids can decorate the house with all kinds of scary sights using simple materials found around the house. These Halloween craft ideas are perfect to cheaply prepare for a night of costumes and trick-or-treating. Kids' Halloween crafts that are made from household items from the recycling bin are an inexpensive way to say "Boo!" to all who walk through your home.
- Creepy Bottle Cap Spiders
- Recycled Spider Headband
- Jack O Lantern Box
- Creepy Cardboard Creatures
- Monstrous Lids
- Junk Drawer Pumpkin
- Scarily Thrifty Monsters
- Adorable Tin Can Monsters
- Costless Mummy Candy Canister
Sometimes the simplest crafts come from the easiest material: paper. When you let your little ones make these Halloween paper crafts you will be saving time and money. Gather up all of the shredded, construction, and printer paper you have around your house to let them make some spooky kids' Halloween crafts. Paper is perfect to use for any occasion because they can cut it, paint it, and glue it any way they want. They can make monsters and masks to scare their friends on All Hallows Eve. These Halloween craft ideas are perfect for kids of any age because they're so easy to make. You don't have to run out to the store and buy anything expensive for your kids to have a fun and frightening Halloween.
- Goofy Little Monster
- Haunted Shadow Puppet Theatre
- Something's Brewing Halloween Card
- Spectral Skeleton Masks
- Paint Swatch Puppets
- Adorable Monster Halloween Treats Bags
- Adorable Stained Glass Pumpkins
- Bewitched Lollipop Brooms
Your kids can never have too much fun making spook-tacular crafts for Halloween. The Ultimate Kids Halloween Crafts Guide: 68 Spooky Crafts and Homemade Costumes for Kids + 87 More Halloween Crafts for Kids has all of their crafting needs covered!
What Halloween traditions do you have with your kids?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Halloween Paper Plate Wreath
- Marble Painted Mummy Craft
- Free Christmas Printables
- Dinosaur Nightlight
- Twirling Ghosts
- No Carve Snow White Pumpkin
- Christmas Decor From Repurposed Game Blocks
- Ghost Slime
- Cool Star Wars Painted Rock Crafts Kids Will Love!
- Farm Animal Painted Rocks
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More