Color-Me-In Notecards Set Review
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Color-Me-In Notecards Set
Gifted by Chronicle Books
Reviewed by Jessica Farris
Color-Me-In Notecards are a precious way for kids to write to penpals and relatives on special occasions, or just as a happy message. I love the way the different card designs look! Each one has a cute, colorable image and a fun saying on it. The little drawings are whimsical and fun for kids of all ages, and they are basic enough that kids can add their own designs. I distributed the cards to a great group of kids, and they loved coloring and writing messages to one another. I even had fun coloring in one myself. These notecards would make great birthday cards, thank you notes, holiday cards and crafts for kids at sleepaway camp. I would also make these in a classroom while teaching children writing lessons. The cards are a great, open-ended craft project that allows kids plenty of space to create their own designs and write an original message on the inside.
We have some exclusive reviews from artists Leith, age 5 3/4 and Hudson, age 3 1/2, who tested the notecards and loved them. Their mom, Nina, has given us an insider's look at the experience:
"My family was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to review the Color-Me-In Notecards Set from Chronicle Books, and the kids just loved it! I have two boys, and they love doing art projects, coloring, and all sorts of fun activities. Here is what they had to say…
Mommy: What do you think of this card kit, honey?
Leith, age 5 ¾ years old: It’s nice. I’m doing odd colors for the cats, and I think that it is gonna be cute. I think. And nothing else.
Mommy: How do you like coloring with pencils? It’s been a while.
Leith: Nice. Mommy, can I use markers now? Because markers…I just want to use markers.
Mommy: Looks like you’re having fun coloring that card. What do you think, baby?
Hudson, age 3 ½ years old: I colored the WHOLE thing and I…exactly. I got marker on my cheek.
The take-away I got here? They definitely enjoyed coloring and both like mixed media. Hudson used the colored pencils, plus markers and crayons and got some neat effects with his. Leith created his own dot-to-dot on the inside and was pretty proud. It’s a wonderful way for kids to personalize something that will be given to someone else. Gives them a terrific opportunity to express their own creativity, rather than delivering something canned and pre-done. Plus, let’s face it, everyone loves receiving something that was created for them personally, and a Color-Me-In Notecards Set is just the thing to make it happen!"
Win this Color-Me-In Notecards Set:
This giveaway has ended, but you can check out all of our other prizes for Summer Camp Week by clicking here! Comment on the posts and win a new prize every day!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Enter for a chance to win the Creative Options Utility Box!
- Enter for a chance to win the WrapIt Bracelet Craft Kit!
- Chance to win Deborah Norville Everyday Baby Yarn!
- Chance to win a Color Your Mug DIY Kit!
- Chance to win the Rainbow Loom LoomiLoom!
- Chance to win the Jewelry Jam Craft Kit!
- Chance to Win a Riley Blake Gnomes and Gardens Fabric Stacker!
- My Friendship Bracelet Maker
- Learn to Knit Kit Review
- DohVinci Anywhere Art Studio Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Father's Day Card
- Geometric Tortoise
- Free Pirate Word Search And Word Scramble For Kids
- Free Hobbies Word Search And Word Scramble For Kids
- Diy Princess Board Game
- Frozen Inspired Magic Wand
- Princess Merida From Brave Paper Doll Craft
- Alpaca Craft From Peru
- Princess Rapunzel Paper Doll Craft
- 30 Free Printable Father's Day Cards
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More