My Lanyard Maker Review
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
My Lanyard Maker Review
Gifted by: Choose Friendship Company
Reviewed by Emily Timmons, Editor of AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
Ready for a little summer camp nostalgia? Making plastic lace lanyards was a popular kids’ craft when I was little, and now the folks at Choose Friendship have brought it back. With the help of the My Lanyard Maker, creating bracelets, key chains, and more is easier than ever. In fact, I can’t imagine how I ever made lanyards without this kit!
The My Lanyard Maker has a unique grid-like design that makes this classic camp craft easier than ever before. The plastic lace never slips, but you can still tighten your strings with ease when you need to. The Center Lace Holder keeps your key ring perfectly centered, and it adjusts as you work, slowly guiding your lanyard through the center of the kit and out of your way. There’s also a special S-hook attachment to help you make flat patterns. I chose to start by making the basic Box Knot lanyard, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to make. Once I got into a rhythm and memorized the pattern, I was able to whip up a Box Knot lanyard in no time at all. I also tried the other two patterns that are included with this kit—the Ridgeback and the Zipper patterns—which means I got to try the S-hook attachment. Just like with the basic Box Knot lanyard, I found these patterns to be incredibly simple to make. Plus, the S-hook held everything in place, so it was easy for me to focus on the pattern I was making.
The My Lanyard Maker kit includes 18 flat laces and 12 round laces, so kids can make just about any lanyard pattern they can find. The kit also includes 24 key rings and 100 pony beads for even more customization options. All of these supplies can be easily stored in the convenient side drawers of the kit, which means kids can take their My Lanyard Maker anywhere they go. This awesome kit is the perfect way for children aged 8 and up to boost their dexterity as they weave their colorful creations. Once they tackle the three included patterns, they can go to http://myfbm.com/ for even more ideas!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to win a Boye Round Loom Set!
- Enter to win the Animal Print Perler Bead Kit!
- Chance to win the Rainbow Loom LoomiLoom!
- Chance to win OOLY Bright Writers!
- Enter to win Tulip Fabric Markers!
- Chance to win Zoku Dino Pop Molds!
- Chance to win the On-the-Go Stationary Kit!
- Chance to win Mini Felt Succulent Kits!
- Chance to Win a Freestyle Die Cutting Machine!
- AppCertain Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Valentine’s Day Printable Coloring Pages
- Easy Tissue Paper Flowers
- Why You Should Submit Your Projects to AllFreeKidsCrafts
- Paper Product Polar Bear
- The Penguin Family (made From An Old Glove)
- Bubble Valentine (free Printable)
- Printable Valentine’s Day Word Search
- I Spy Printable – Valentine’s
- Diy Wheelchair Horse Costume
- Jelly Slime Recipe
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More