54 Simple Kids Craft Ideas with Household Items
For budget-friendly fun, look no further than these easy craft ideas for kids to make at home with everyday items!
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Kids absolutely love playing outside in the summertime. Some kids, though, might want to sit around and eat Cheetos while watching repeats of Dora the Explorer. Instead of letting them raise your cable bill through the roof, teach your little ones the essence of saving by making simple craft ideas with household items. Get creative with your recyclable materials, and try your hand at these 54 Kids Activities and Easy Kids Crafts from Household Items.
Don't break the bank this summer on expensive DIY toy crafts for kids. These easy crafts with household items are much more budget-friendly and are sure to provide the kids with hours of entertainment.
Get started with this awesome video on how to make a Gumball Terra Cotta Pot!
Table of Contents
DIY Toys for Kids
Kids always want more toys, no matter if they are tweens or toddlers. Instead of buying pricey cars, Thomas the Tank Engine trains, and superhero action figures, help your kids make their very own toys.
Easy and cheap toy making patterns can be hard to find, but now you can try creating these toys at home without spending a cent. Crafts using household items are a great way to make your own games and toys, and truthfully, sometimes it's the thrifty toys that kids love best! Once you're done making these kids' crafts with your little ones, you will have turned trash into treasured memories together.
- Rocket Blaster Jet Pack
- Angry Birds Can Bowling
- Batman and Robin Tube Toys
- Bottle Top Turtles
- Water Bottle Bubbles
- Despicable Me Minion Bowling
- How to Make Paper Bag Kites
- Marionette Puppy Puppet
- How to Make a Kaleidoscope
- Milk Jug Fairy House
- DIY Bowling Activities for Toddlers
- The Cutest Toilet Paper Roll Helicopter
- Highflying Giant Paper Airplane Design
- Easy Recycled Bottle Bubble Blower
- Classic Paper Tube Ball and Cup Game
School Projects Made from Recycled Materials
These crafts with household items will help teach your little ones the value of recycling and preserving the environment. Also, your kids will learn a great deal from being able to create kids crafts with recycled materials.
With these recycled crafts, kids can create a terranium or an aquarium to learn about their favorite animals, or they can get a little physics lesson as they create their own water-powered rocket. Who would have guessed that learning how to make educational toys at home could be so beneficial to a child's development?
Weave a bracelet, arrange a bouquet, support your watch face, or construct a drum all using the same magic material: What to Make with Duct Tape: 90 Easy Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
Easy Paper Crafts for Kids
Utilize leftover cardboard boxes and old paper for these crafts with common household items. Free kids' crafts are great ways to keep your little ones occupied.
Cut up and decorate cardboard, and have your kids use their creativity and imagination when making these easy projects for kids. Paper crafts like these are easy for kids of all ages, so these thrifty kids' craft ideas are a gold mine for busy days.
After School Activities for Kids
Instead of sitting around playing video games, get your kids to try these fun crafts to do with household items. You can help make these easy recycled crafts for kids.
Try giving some of these projects away as gifts to friends or teachers. Each one of these recycled crafts is a great boredom buster with the added bonus of having to spend no money.
With these household items, kids can create thrifty art projects or make castles and fairy houses to play pretend. Any one of these affordable kids' activities turns the time after school into a time filled with fun!
- Upcycled Cap Stamps
- Bottle Cap Mosaic
- Make Your Own Magnifying Glass
- Priceless Candle Holders
- Recycled Tin Can Robots
- Simple T-Shirt Strand Scarves
- Embellished Art Supply Jars
- Whimsical DIY Wind Chimes
- Pretty Toilet Paper Roll Castle
- Toilet Paper Roll Fairy House
- Rainbow Recycled Wind Chimes
- Recycled Rainbow Garden
- Custom Homemade Stamps from Household Items
- Holiday Snow Globe Winter Craft
Put your recycled materials to use with our collection. All these recycled crafts are organized by material, so it'll make it easier for you to decide what you can do with your recylables: Trash to Treasure: 92 Recycled Crafts
Making Kids Jewelry from Recycled Materials
Your little girls can get creative by making their very own jewelry with these DIY crafts with household items. These jewelry making ideas are full of glam, glitter and style.
Kids can create this jewelry for themselves or give it away as a gift. We've shown you tons of thrifty kids' crafts to help you use your recyclables, but with these pieces of jewelry, everyone will know how genius your green crafting skills really are. Plus, these craft ideas are a great way to teach kids the value of accessorizing on the cheap!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Hot Pads For Mom Or Gramma
- How To Make A Paper Christmas Honeycomb Ball?
- Salt Dough Houses
- Christmas Coloring Card
- Unique Fabric Christmas Ornament
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Word Scramble For Kids
- Cutest Christmas Reindeer Handprint Craft With Rudolph's Red Nose
- Gratitude Tree
- Pumpkin Pie Play Dough
- Turkey Pudding Cups
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More