54 Kids Activities and Easy Kids Crafts from Household Items
By: Danielle Perlin, Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Whether kids spray each other with super soakers, play catch with Dad or design simple projects for kids, they absolutely love playing outside in the summertime. Smiles, stinky clothes and mud always indicates that the kids are having a good time. Some kids, though, might want to sit around and eat Cheetos while watching repeats of Dora the Explorer. Instead of letting them raise your cable bill through the roof, teach your little ones the essence of saving by using free craft ideas to make unique and easy decorative crafts. Get creative with your recyclable materials, and try your hand at these 54 Kids Activities and Easy Kids Crafts from Household Items.
Don't break the bank this summer on expensive toy crafts for kids. Get creative with your recyclable materials, and try your hand at these 54 Kids Activities and Easy Kids Crafts from Household Items.
Get started with this awesome video on how to make a Gumball Terra Cotta Pot!
Table of Contents
Educational Kids Crafts from the Recycling Bin
These easy kids crafts will help teach your little ones the value of recycling and preserving the environment. Also, your kids will learn a great deal from being able to create kids crafts with recycled materials. With these recycled crafts, kids can create a terranium or an aquarium to learn about their favorite animals, or they can get a little physics lesson as they create their own water-powered rocket. Who would have guessed that crafts with household items could be so beneficial to a child's development?
Making crafts out of recycled materials is always a fun and inexpensive way to have fun with your kids. Grab your free copy of our eBook to get more recycled craft ideas: Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
Quick and Easy Paper Crafts for Kids
Utilize leftover cardboard boxes and old paper to create miraculous kids' craft ideas. Free kids' crafts are great ways to keep your little ones occupied. Cut up and decorate cardboard, and have your kids use their creativity and imagination when making these easy projects for kids. Paper crafts like these are easy for kids of all ages, so these thrifty kids' craft ideas are a gold mine for busy days.
Homemade Toys Kids Can Make
Kids always want more toys, no matter if they are tweens or toddlers. Instead of buying pricey cars, Thomas the Tank Engine trains, and superhero action figures, help your kids make their very own toys. Easy and cheap toy making patterns can be hard to find, but now you can try creating these toys at home without spending a cent. Crafts with household items are a great way to make your own games and toys, and truthfully, sometimes it's the thrifty toys that kids love best! Once you're done making these kids' crafts with your little ones, you will have turned trash into treasured memories together.
Weave a bracelet, arrange a bouquet, support your watch face, or construct a drum all using the same magic material: What to Make with Duct Tape: 90 Easy Duct Tape Crafts for Kids
After School Activities for Kids
Instead of sitting around playing video games, get your kids to do some crafts after school. You can help make these easy recycled crafts for kids. Try giving some of these projects away as gifts to friends or teachers. Each one of these recycled crafts is a great boredom buster with the added bonus of having to spend no money. With these household items, kids can create thrifty art projects or make castles and fairy houses to play pretend. Any one of these affordable kids' activities turns the time after school into a time filled with fun!
Kids Jewelry Making
Your little girls can get creative by making their very own jewelry with these crafts from household items. These jewelry making ideas are full of glam, glitter and style. Kids can create this jewelry for themselves or give it away as a gift. We've shown you tons of thrifty kids' crafts to help you use your recyclables, but with these pieces of jewelry, everyone will know how genius your green crafting skills really are. Plus, these craft ideas are a great way to teach kids the value of accessorizing on the cheap!
Put your recycled materials to use with our collection. All these recycled crafts are organized by material, so it'll make it easier for you to decide what you can do with your recylables: Trash to Treasure: 92 Recycled Crafts
What recycled materials do you like to use in your crafts?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Fairytale Twinkle Jars
- Rainbow Recycled Wind Chimes
- Cardboard Tube Minion Crafts
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- 54 Kids Activities and Easy Kids Crafts from Household Items
- Robot Paper Tube Craft
- Toilet Paper Roll Fairy House
- Watermelon Rind Rainbow Painting
- Must Make Mini "Glass" Art
- Honeycomb Paper Tube Craft
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Upcycled Sea Aquarium DIY Vase
- Little Artist's Duct Tape DIY Portfolio
- Duct Tape Art Class DIY Portfolio
- Superhero Cuff Toilet Roll Craft
- Flea Market Superhero Magnets
- The Most Awesome Activities for Children: 57 Glow Craft Ideas for Kids
- How to Tie Dye: 14 Tie Dye Techniques, Tie Dye Designs + Other Tie Dye Ideas
- 32 Homemade Toys Kids Can Make
- Glow in the Dark Playdough
- DIY Bracelet Loom