Red Heart Amigurumi Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Red Heart Amigurumi Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
Red Heart has just come out with a new yarn that made me squeal. Amigurumi is the perfect one-skein type of yarn to create the cutest little amigurumi figures.
Let's start from the beginning if you're unsure of what amigurumi is. Amigurumi is a Japanese art of creating little stuffed creatures and characters that are knit or crocheted; ami means crocheted or knitted while nuigurumi means stuffed doll. Not only are these little things adorable as can be, but now Red Heart has the yarn to make them!
Each skein contains 4 colors within it and you can create 2 creatures out of each skein. All colors and patterns are interchangeable and you can either come up with your own designs or create the 2 pictured on the yarn. There are 12 character designs in all including unicorns, narwhals, mermaids, dinosaurs, llamas and more. I especially love the tiny little elephants with their cute little hats on.
Made of 100% acrylic, this super fine yarn is perfect to create these adorable creatures. Give them as birthday gifts to small children or wrap them up for a sweet baby shower gift. Once you make one, you'll want to make them all.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"This hen and chick paper decoration will brighten up any room or window during the spring months. It is a simple craft for school… Continue reading: "Paper Hen and Chick Wall Decoration"
- Enter to win a Style Me Up i-Loom!
- Enter for a chance to win the Creative Options Utility Box!
- Social Artworking Junior: Canvas Design Review
- Chance to Win a NASA Out of this World Color and Sew Pillowcase Kit!
- Chance to Win a Riley Blake Gnomes and Gardens Fabric Stacker!
- Learn to Crochet Online Class Review
- Chance to win Red Heart Amigurumi Yarn!
- Kid Inspired Creatures Review
- My First Origami Kit Review
- Sock Friends Puppets Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Valentine’s Day Bingo Free Printable
- Diy Bird Feeders
- Diy Pine Cone Flowers
- Valentine Deer Craft + Free Printable
- Cute Snowman Cupcakes
- Valentine’s Day Cards Kids Can Make
- Valentine’s Day Word Scramble Printable
- Diy Tie Dye Shoes
- Diy Kid’s Placemat
- Magic Potions For Kids
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More