Red Heart Amigurumi Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Red Heart Amigurumi Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKidsCrafts.com
Red Heart has just come out with a new yarn that made me squeal. Amigurumi is the perfect one-skein type of yarn to create the cutest little amigurumi figures.
Let's start from the beginning if you're unsure of what amigurumi is. Amigurumi is a Japanese art of creating little stuffed creatures and characters that are knit or crocheted; ami means crocheted or knitted while nuigurumi means stuffed doll. Not only are these little things adorable as can be, but now Red Heart has the yarn to make them!
Each skein contains 4 colors within it and you can create 2 creatures out of each skein. All colors and patterns are interchangeable and you can either come up with your own designs or create the 2 pictured on the yarn. There are 12 character designs in all including unicorns, narwhals, mermaids, dinosaurs, llamas and more. I especially love the tiny little elephants with their cute little hats on.
Made of 100% acrylic, this super fine yarn is perfect to create these adorable creatures. Give them as birthday gifts to small children or wrap them up for a sweet baby shower gift. Once you make one, you'll want to make them all.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Playing in the bath is one of kids' favorite activities. Mix playtime with bathtime and make these awesome Bathtime Pool Noodle Games… Continue reading: "Bathtime Pool Noodle Games for Toddlers"
- Enter to win a Two-Tray Box!
- Enter to win a Tulip Yarn Dye Kit!
- Chance to Win a Wizardi Diamond Paint Kit!
- Sock Friends Puppets Review
- Chance to win Mini Felt Succulent Kits!
- Chance to win a Rainbow Loom Monster Tail!
- Chance to Win a Copy of the DIY Place Art and Craft Book!
- Duck Tape Scents
- Enter to Win the Fun Floating Clay Assortment
- Enter to win a Style Me Up i-Loom!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crazy About Container Gardening
- Create Your Own Mosaic Garden Stone
- Miniature Farm Window Box Planter
- Rustic Farmhouse Welcome Wreath For Spring
- Easter Egg Exchange Dice Game
- Free Easter Bingo Printable Game Cards
- Washcloth Bunny And Chick
- Printable Easter Basket Tags
- How To Make Tie Dye Easter Eggs
- Foam Cup Chick
- 13 DIY School Supplies: Back to School Ideas for Kids of All Ages
- 14 Crafts for Boys: Sports Crafts for Kids, Superhero Crafts, and More
- 14 Easy Summer Craft Activities for Kids
- 14 Mother's Day Craft Ideas for Kids: Homemade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
- 27 Crafts for Preschool: Activities for Preschool Children
- 9 Art Project Ideas: Painting Projects for Kids
- Animal Crafts: 17 Zoo Animal Crafts, Fish Crafts, Owl Crafts for Kids, and More
- Cheap and Easy Crafts for Kids: 9 Recycled Crafts
- Kids' Crafts for Easter: How to Decorate Easter Eggs, Easter Egg Hunt Projects, and more Easter Activities for Kids
- Spring Crafts for Kids: 17 Flower Crafts, Butterfly Crafts, and More